Saturday, December 20, 2008

Air Jordan CDP 11/12 an early holiday gift!!!

Aiight ya'll, lemme tell you about this mornings escapade and the final Jordan Brand CDP.

I get up LATE this morning thinking I'mma go reserve my CDP cuz it's supposed to drop next Saturday (little did I know how wrong I was). I make my way to the mall (it's like 11:45 AM) and head straight to Finish Line cuz I wanna reserve my pair and be able to avoid the lines and all that when the kicks drop. I enter the store, go to the counter and the convo plays out like this...

Mas: Are you getting the CDP that drops next week?
Girl: Which ones are you talking about?
Mas: The 11/12.
Girl: Oh, those came out today. People keep coming in here asking if we got them and I keep telling them that they're sold out everywhere in the mall.
Mas: Oh...aiight. Thanks anyways.

Yo, I wanted to cry so badly. This was the only CDP I really wanted all year long. I passed on a lot of kicks this year waiting for this CDP. So, leaving Finish line I stroll around the mall for a hot second in a daze. At first I'm lost and confused by how I mixed up the release date. Then I start getting tight. On the one hand I can't really be tight cuz I slept on this and when you sleep you lose and on the other hand I'm mad as hell cuz I got the dates mixed up. So I make my way to the other sneaker spot in the mall. I'm in there eyeing the wall cuz I desperately need to make up for missing out. Low and behold I see the CDP still being displayed on the wall. So the second convo plays out like this...

Mas: Pardon me, are you sold out of the Jordans?
Girl: Which ones?
Mas: The CDP? The 11/12's that dropped this morning.
The girl shakes her head side to side signifying that the store is not sold out.
Mas: Word!!! Do you have a size 13 left?
Girl pauses to think about it.
Girl: I think we do. Lemme check for you.

The girl goes to the back and is gone for a good 3 minutes. I'm thinking that shorty prolly got it wrong and at best all they have left is a 12. Lo and behold tho, she emerges from the stockroom with that big red and black box.

Girl: You wanna try them on?
Mas: Naw, I just want to look at them.
Shorty takes the set out of the box and shows them to the kid.
Mas: Yeah, I'll be taking those please.

When I made it back to the rest I had to simulate the pepsi challenge with my new purchase.
I did a comparison between the CDP 11's and my 2001 retro 11's.
Sad to say it but there were a number of differences between the two.
Normally I don't really stress small differences...but the shape was a little off, the CDP 11's seem to run slightly smaller and to top it off, these idiots at JB reversed the fucking Jumpman on the back of the shoe!!!
WTF is up with that???!!!!
By doing that they verified all the gripes and complaints that heads toss out on Niketalk every other post. Oh Well, I was still pleased with the 12's and I'm prolly gonna sport the CDP's anyways. EHHH, whatcha gonna do???!!!
You can check out the pics below.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: