Sunday, May 3, 2009

Air Yeezy Drop Vol. 2

Photobucket

Aiight ya'll, when it comes to kicks I usually don't deviate from the classics. I'm a bonifide Jordan/Nike head showing occasional love to Adidas, ALIFE and Vans. With this said I was really on the fence about the Kanye West/Nike collaboration. Yes, I'm a fan of Kanyeezy's music and yes, I am definitely a fan of the swoosh but, I was not really feeling the first Air Yeezy's that hit the streets.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Well, as the week's passed that first pair of Air Yeezy's began to grow on ya boy. So much so that I told myself that I was gonna cop the black/pink pair slated to drop May 2nd. I know ya'll are like "Get to the point already!!!" Well here's the point. I totally slept on this release and now I'm kicking myself. It's not often I slip up and miss a sneaker release. I found myself in the mall yesterday spotting a handful of kids sporting the black/pink Yeezy's. Upon seeing this I said to myself..."OOPS!!! There goes another one."

Photobucket

Came home last night and hit up the bay to find listings such as this one. Now, if I'm dropping $500 plus on a pair of sneakers they're either some OG Jordans or Louis Vuitton or Gucci sneaks. Sad to say but it looks like Mas will have to wait for the 3rd installment of the Air Yeezy's to drop. For all you faithful sneaker consumers out there in "Stay Fly" Land who came up on a pair...congrats.

No comments: